Thursday, March 24, 2011

i was called elizabeth

walking into my parents bedroom, 12 years old.

the room shines with fresh sunlight.

so many plants and flowers around the room.

i stop to smell the hyacinths.

there's a card open on my mothers night-stand.

it's from an old friend.

i don't read the whole thing.

just bits and pieces.

then i notice something, my name.

the words still ring in my head.

'and lauren is growing up so fast! in the photo you sent me she looks so beautiful, already so young. and those eyebrows! like a classic elizabeth taylor.'

i was called elizabeth.

and the notion has stuck in my head, timeless, forever.


Elizabeth Rosemond Taylor
February 27th, 1932 - March 23rd, 2011

2 comments:

  1. i love this memory and this sentiment! so special.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really been a long time (too long!) since I visited your little internet space. Love your new header and this sweet post. I love those compliments that stick with a person and help us become the people we are. This is a beautiful compliment and what a great picture of Elizabeth you chose.

    ReplyDelete

you're brilliant, thanks so much for commenting!