Oh man...it's amazing how fast a whole week can fly by, isn't it? The other day I found myself at 5 o'clock and thought it was 1 o'clock, feeling as if I'd lost my mind. This week has been rather odd and off for me and that affects my posting, so I apologize for saying I would be posting more, then breaking my promise. Sometimes -as I mentioned- you don't even realize it's been a week and think you're loosing your mind, haha. But anyway, onto some friday goodness!
FILL IN THE BLANK FRIDAY
1. The first thing I do in the morning is look to see what time it is, brush my teeth, get dressed, do some laundry and possibly watch some morning news chat-tv (the view = biggest guilty pleasure of all time).
2. Every night before bed I usually watch 'Whose Line Is It Anyway?' or whatever I'm Netflixing that has a good ending, because it's better to watch happy, lovely things before you shut your eyes then all the crappy stuff that's on the news all the time.
3. My favorite thing to do when I'm having a bad day is buy a pint of expensive sorbet (rasperry, strawberry or mango, yummm), watch a movie that I love (You've Got Mail, Across The Universe, Julie & Julia) and/or take a nice long drive to nowhere. Driving helps clear my head, especially with my favorite oldies station.
4. Something that makes me cringe is BUGS. NAILS ON A CHALKBOARD. PROTESTERS (from the left or right. please don't ask me to honk my horn!). HITLER. PEOPLE GETTING MARRIED THAT SHOULDN'T BE (yep, I'm that girl). THE ASIAN/HISPANIC GUY FROM THE BLACK EYED PEAS (scary x1000000). UNDERCOOKED CHICKEN. CASSEROLES. THANKSGIVING DINNER (I was born on Thanksgiving and have never liked ANY of the food).
5. Social situations are fun if spent with fun, carefree people. Or sometimes by yourself. And a great excuse to try out new hairstyles and make-up.
6. I like to collect nothing anymore. I'm done collecting material things, and working on being completely free of all the junk I have. The only thing I want to have a lot of or 'collect' per say, is love.
7. Weekends are for being 100% lazy or 100% active. Pajama days or farmers market mornings? Breakfast at 1PM or a big Sunday breakfast. Semi-old movies on cable TV or people watching at your favorite watering hole.
There are A LOT of awesome giveaways going on right now. Here's three of my most coveted ones at the moment...
^BIANCA 'SPOON' is having a mini-giveaway of sorts of her first Etsy item ever, a pack of 5 gorgeous art cards! Wouldn't you die to see one of these in your mailbox? <3
^MICAELA DARLING is having an awesome giveaway in her little corner of the internet; look at all those awesome little gems! I have my eye on the postcard and coffee-cup, so adorable. <3
^RACHEL 'BLOOM' has an amazing giveaway going on right now; one polaroid camera! Oh my goodness lovelies, there are no words for how much I am anticipating the announcement of her winner! Polaroids = love. <3
^My second mail experiment (first one coming on another blog soon!) for my amazing friend Lauren. It's my last 'pretty things' bag and I wanted to send it to her, since her always saying 'pretty things' inspired them.
^Reply to Micaela, using one of my favorite magazine clippings.
^A reply to the wonderful Sheba in Canada.
^I found this old stamp I had when I was little, of my name, and have been using it on almost everything in sight lately, haha. This is my reply to Shona, using some more great magazine clippings.
^A reply to a reader; don't you just love that little doodle of a play on 'butterflies in your stomach'? So awesome and I think the recipient will really like it.
^Big envelope to the lovely Cari Polena, I just love this envelope, it was hard to part with it!
^Reply to one of my favorite correspondents, Chris in Georgia.
Well, that's it for me tonight lovelies! I'm whooped! But hope that you'll all be forgiving in the lack of my posts lately! And keep your fingers crossed that I won't have another odd and off week again in the near future. Talk about a freaky friday. :P