Wednesday, May 26, 2010
Monday, May 24, 2010
someone PLEASE tell me what i've done. i really would like to know how and why i'm such an awful person, friend, companion, any sort of company! i call, email, write on 'walls', send postcards. but nothing. and if oh my goodness, there is a bite, it's just to give me an excuse as to why we can't hang out or see one another. what in the hell have i done to deserve this?? am i just blind to my mass imperfections and hardship to you..? the big question is, why don't YOU ever try to contact ME? why am i always the one to call, email, write? if you don't want to be seen with me, let me know. if you cannot stand my conversation or sound of my voice, at least tell me somehow! i am so. sick. of trying to make plans, to figure out where to meet someone or be gracious enough to work around your schedule. yeah, i lead a different life and don't have a laid out plan for every day, week, month or year. whenever i PLAN on something, it gets screwed up and i'm so tired of things getting screwed up. then there are those of you who tell me to be more f-cking spontaneous. SERIOUSLY?? what in the world! yeah it was different when i didn't drive or i was younger and more insecure about upsetting my parents and so on an so forth, but really, do not tell me that now. i'm not good at being spontaneous, but at least i am; more than i can say for others i know. this is so ridiculous, why do i have to be that girl in the brothers bloom?? stuck inside, by myself, no one else at all, all day every day my whole life? i just want REAL people, REALLY there with me. experiences i hear and read about. i want those behind the scenes moments from the special features, not the movie ones. where everyones hanging out and laughing or reading the script at the table read for the first time. i want a gag reel to be my life, not bella swan if there never was edward cullen or jacob black. can someone, anyone, tell me that that is not insane?
Saturday, May 22, 2010
PS: My internet modem has been replaced and visited by a tech twice this week and is now now working again. thankfully someone in my family has a little connect-card and i can get on the internet, but until monday, once again, i'm out of a connection and stuck with another frustration headache. i wrote that note yesterday on my very-80's typewriter and just want to tell you all once again how thankful i am to you for hanging in there. here's to a fresh start with blogging and a nod to the wonderful future before us! - L
Sunday, May 9, 2010
Saturday, May 1, 2010
1. My absolute favorite movie of all time is a tie between Across The Universe, Marie Antoinette, The Women (1939), Elizabethtown, You've Got Mail, The Terminal, Julie & Julia, The Family Stone, Stranger Than Fiction, The Hurt Locker, Slumdog Millionaire, Catch Me If You Can, Atonement, Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist and Some Like It Hot.
2. My favorite movie as a child was probably either Pocahontas, Toy Story, The Santa Clause or any other Disney film, haha. I was a big Disney kid, love me some Buzz Lightyear.
3. The best movie quote ever is hard to pick, but here's what's on my mind lately: "I'm impossible to forget, but I'm hard to remember." - Elizabethtown
4. My favorite actress is Rosalind Russell, Audrey Hepburn, Scarlett Johansson, Ellen Page, Kristen Stewart, Emma Stone, Meryl Streep, Kirsten Dunst, Winona Ryder, Zoe Saldana, Angelina Jolie. My favorite actor is Tom Hanks, Leonardo DiCaprio, Jim Sturgess, Robert Downey JR., James McAvoy, Johnny Depp, Michael Cera, Tony Curtis, Jack Lemmon, Jimmy Fallon, Adrian Brody, Luke Wilson, George Clooney.
5. The movie I could watch over and over is any before listed as my favorite films. Especially Across The Universe Elizabethtown, The Women, Julie & Julia, You've Got Mail & The Terminal.
6. My favorite movie genre is independant. Close second being period films. The costumes and language just LURE me in, haha. Pretty much anything except horror and really crass humor comedies.
7. A movie I'd like to watch this weekend is 'Bright Star' which I've had from Netflix for forever or 'Coco Before Chanel' which I just bought. Both have never seen before but have been anticipating for a while.
WHEW! All this week I've been training for my new job. I will only say that I'm one of those people that will be knocking on your door sometime in the next month so I can get a head count...
Anywho, THAT is why I have not posted this week; most nights I've basically fallen asleep without any knowledge of my doing so, waking up to my TV and lights all on; I'm a pretty big shark about saving energy, so I feel horrible about that this week. Turn a light or fan off for me, kay?
Well, here's the mail as of recently! This photo was taken on Wednesday, so other things have arrived since and will be photographed for Monday/Tuesday. Apologies about the late-ness.
Oh! And these are some cute shoes I got for work that I am IN LOVE with. At first I didn't think they looked good on me but then I passed a window and was pleasantly surprised at what I saw, haha. Yay for gladiator sandals! They might be a better best friend to us ladies than chocolate.
Sending lots of love your way,