Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Happy New Year!


 
Happy New Year to you and your loved ones!
 
Make any resolutions? I don't really believe in resolutions, but something I'd really like to do this year is read more books. I have so many books and have probably only read about 1/8 of them.
 
I'd love to be able to read a ton of classics especially. Austen, Dickens, Bronte, Kerouac, Fitzgerald, Hemingway, Tolstoy, ETC. I'm ashamed to say I have never read very many of the books that those authors wrote.
 
Another thing I have a habit of doing is starting a book and then never finishing it. Usually what I do is start a book, get halfway through and then I'll either get busy with work or buy another book I'm excited about and forget about the previous one.
 
Well, here's to a new start, to a beautiful new year, lucky number thirteen! Twenty-twelve was not my favorite year, and I am so happy to be rid of it. Definitely ready for a fresh start full of new adventures. How about you?

3 comments:

  1. I agree with you about a fresh start! I hope to write more letters in 2013! I've been so busy at work, I haven't had much time or energy for writing letters. I plan to make a stronger effort this year. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to read more too!! I have been really slack and have been reading the same book for like 6 months :( happy new year Lauren.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That collection of essays by Anne Fadiman is great. All book lovers must read it!

    ReplyDelete

you're brilliant, thanks so much for commenting!