Saturday, September 22, 2012

what i'm working on




Lately, I've been working on my embroidery; and am planning to open an Etsy shop within the next month or so.

Above, is an eight by eight inch piece I made for a friends' birthday recently and plan to add it to my shop as a custom order option. I've always done embroideries like this or similar for friends, and I think they make lovely little gifts.

Something I plan on doing is making everything affordable. Yes, the embroidery takes a great deal of time; but I see how overpriced some embroidery shops are and it makes me sad. There should be a happy medium between selling yourself short of your talent and overpricing things to the public.

I have about 5-10 designs in my head and a small handful already finished. Lots of fun and silly designs for nursuries, kitchens, bedrooms and bathrooms; all of which you can buy for keeps or give to a special someone.

Well, I'll keep you updated! I'm quite excited for this venture and have been hard at work prepping for my upcoming opening.

If you want to see more of what I've been up to and future embroidery designs, stalk follow me on Instagram!

(Made for a friends twenty-fourth birthday. Almost didn't want to give it away!)

3 comments:

  1. How lovely! I've never tried embroidery, but I'm dabbling in crochet at the moment. So far I've finished a hat and a scarf. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful!! So is your blog - looking forward to following :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh ren, these are BEAUTIFUL!!!! please open that etsy shop ASAP! and i love that you'll be doing custom orders because i have a feeling you will be my go-to shop for gifts. These beauties would be perfect for any occasion! love love loooooooove.

    seriously, love.

    ReplyDelete

you're brilliant, thanks so much for commenting!